Here’s a job for a software / network / systems professional who may not have any financial experience, from a fund that is growing its tech team.
A prop trading firm in Chicago is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team. Requirements:
- 4+ years QA experience: system, integration, functional, and regression testing of complex client/server applications
- 2+ years using Windows-based automated testing tools such as QuickTest Professional, WinRunner, QA Run, Rational Robot. Expert-level QTP skills are especially important
- Excellent communications skills – a problem solver & troubleshooter – works well independently and with a group
- Standard QA skills: ability to understand / analyze requirements and gather information, create testplans / testcases, understanding of testing role in typical software development methodologies, setup / maintain software testing environments, ability to estimate completion time for tasks and communicate status to management, document / report defects and follow-through to resolution, risk analysis and test activity prioritization skills, etc.
- B.S. in computer science preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL
The firm values experience testing a variety of software products, system architectures, platforms, etc.
Trading industry experience would be a huge plus.