Here’s a pretty typical post, in terms of both responsibilities and qualifications, for a hedge fund quant job that just came across our wire from a well-known hedge fund recruiter in New York City.
Quantitative Equities Analyst
Prestigious Chicago-based hedge fund specializing in long/short global equities strategies is seeking a quant analyst to join their Quantitative Portfolio Management team. Responsibilities include:
- Portfolio Construction
- Asset Allocation
- Strategy Development
- Testing and Risk Modeling
This position provides opportunities to do cutting-edge modeling and advance to a portfolio management role. Applicants should have:
- Advanced degree from a top school (M.S. or Ph.D.)
- Strong background in econometrics, statistics, signal processing, &c.
- 3+ years experience in quantitative equity research (e.g., stock selection, portfolio optimization, multi factor and alpha modeling)
- Strong computer skills (Matlab, C++, SQL, Oracle)
The opportunity to progress into a portfolio manager job is notable: a role with long-term potential at a well-established fund.